18/12/2013


I am super excited! So excited that I can’t even sleep anymore. I have great news to share with you. Actually it took me a while before I was completely sure that I would have posted it on here. 

As you all know, a few weeks ago I sent my application to law school in Bristol. Well….. I HAVE BEEN ACCEPTED, which means that from September 2014 I will be law student!

It is a great opportunity and a very useful degree. With a degree in law I will have more access to the jobs I want to do. 

The course is two years long altogether; the first year is focused on learning the basics and the second is mainly practice. At the end of the two years you can take the bar exam, a thing that I will certainly do. I don’t know if I want to practice yet but at least I will make sure that if I don’t manage to go into human rights I can always work in a law firm. Now I just have to decide whether I want to be a barrister or a solicitor. 

I have never thought I could have been a lawyer to be honest, but now, I feel like I could have never done anything else. I am a curious person who likes to study and investigate and appreciates reason and logics so I believe these are good qualities for a lawyer.

This is the last month of my internship and I am already trying to find something to do afterwards. My idea was to go back home and find a paid job so I can start saving money for tuition fees. In case I am able to save more money than I thought, during the summer I will try to find more internships in the women’s rights field.

Furthermore, and especially in order to gain more experience in what I am interested, I have found an organisation in Bristol that provides support and shelter to women who are victims of all sorts of abuses: from domestic violence to discrimination. They provide training for new volunteers. They seem pretty serious and I want to give it a try.




This is what is happening in the next few months more or less, in the more immediate time I am flying back to the UK for the holidays on Friday (can’t wait already!). I will stay in Bath till Sunday and then it is London Sunday and Monday yeahhhhhh! Rest of the holidays? Just relax and enjoy my life!!!!!! 

Hope you will have a great Christmas too!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment