19/02/2014

Some news from rainy Bath

Back in the day I promised I would give you some news from home and then I realised it has been almost a month since my last post.

I am home and even though it feels weird living with my parents again and mostly sitting around waiting for job to turn up, I am really glad I made this choice. Being home is good to relax after months of stress and really focus on what I want to do with my life. 

Then it is not true that I am just sitting around because I have found a job, starting tomorrow actually! I am not totally sure what it really involves but it is in sales, not my favourite job but if I save up enough money I can travel a bit in the summer! 

I am also, finally, certain about my law career. I believe I want to practice at least for a few years and I would like to work as a  criminal law because I think it is the closest to human rights law, that could be useful whenever I want to work in that sector. I had an interview last week when they ask me thousands of questions and I am waiting to hear from them! Scary!!

Finally, I have found a very interesting volunteering programme with the Bristol Courts. It is a charity that provides victims of crime and witnesses with support during trials. It could be very useful to build some legal experience and to really understand what I would like to do within the sector.

Things seem to be moving in the direction I wish them to and I am very happy! 

In addition,  I am with my friends and family which is always nice. As expected I miss the people I have met in Brussels and sometimes I miss living in a big city; it would take me half an hour to get to the university every day and I have to go to another city! It is funny sometimes to think how small the place I live in is!

These are the latest news but I will keep you posted with the developments!
Hope you are all well! Take care 

No comments:

Post a Comment